July-August 2021, Vol. 4, Issue 7-8, p. 38-42.
Biomedical based driver health detection system
T. Akalya, A. Anusuya, D. Barkavi*, P. Iyswarya
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
A novel driver’s status estimation system based on driver’s behavior in autonomous driving scene. To monitor the driver status is very important to ensure that he/she stays proper condition during driving. Healthcare monitoring system in driving time and many other health centers has experienced significant growth, and portable healthcare monitoring systems with emerging technologies are becoming of great concern to many countries worldwide nowadays. Smart health monitoring devices determine the health condition i.e. heart beat rate of the pulse, respiratory rate, the position of the body and other things by using sensors. Whenever the sensor values are not in the range of threshold value, the GPS module determines the location and this information is sent through GSM to the particular person. All these sensor operations are controlled by microcontroller.
Keywords: ARDUINO; Eye blink sensor; Heart beat sensor; Oxygen sensor; Temperature and Moisture sensor.
- Boyraz P, Acar M, Kerr D. Multi-sensor driver drowsiness monitoring. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 2008;222:2041-62.
- Sahayadhas A, Sundaraj K, Murugappan M. Detecting Driver Drowsiness Based on Sensors: A Review. Sensors 2012;12:16937-53.
- Lee BG, Chung WY. Driver Alertness Monitoring using Fusion of Facial Features and Bio-Signals. IEEE Sensors Journal 2012;12:2416-22.
- Lenskiy AA, Lee JS. Driver's Eye Blinking Detection using Novel Color and Texture Segmentation Algorithms. International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems 2012;10:317-27.
- Mbouna RO, Kong SG, Chun MG. Visual Analysis of Eye State and Head Pose for Driver Alertnes Monitoring. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 2013;14:1462-9.
- Alshaqaqi B. Driver drowsiness detection system. 8th International Workshop on Systems, Signal Processing and their Applications (WoSSPA), 2013.
- Khumpisuth O. Driver Drowsiness Detection using Eye-Closeness Detection. 12th International Conference on Signal-Image Technology & Internet-Based Systems (SITIS), 2016.
- Hossain MY, George FP. IOT Based Real-Time Drowsy Detection System for the Prevention of Road Accidents. 2018 International Conference on Intelligent Informatics and Biomedical Sciences (ICIIBMS). Bangkok, Thailand. 21-24 Oct. 2018.
- Yue W, Voronova LI, Voronov VI. Design and Implementation of a Remote Monitoring Human Health System. 2020 Systems of Signals Generating and Processing in the Field of on Board Communications. Moscow, Russia. 19-20 March 2020.
- Venugopal RB, Dudhe R. IoT Based Advanced Heart stroke alarm system. 2021 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Knowledge Economy (ICCIKE). Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 17-18 March 2021.
International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology