International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology
May-June 2021, Vol. 4, Issue 5-6, p. 18-24.
Stability analysis of COVID-19 Model under certain constraints
N. B. Okelo*
Department of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology,
P. O. Box 210-40601, Bondo-Kenya.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the present work, we present a mathematical model for the transmission dynamics of COVID-19 under certain constraints. The model formulated is designed into compartments which lead to a system of differential equations for the transmission dynamics of COVID-19 with control measures. The stabilities of the model are investigated at several instances. The results showed that the disease free equilibrium is locally asymptotically stable under assumed conditions on the parameters given in the model. It was then concluded from the results that putting on masks, proper and frequent sanitation and educational sensitization are effective methods of controlling COVID-19.
Keywords: COVID-19; Equilibrium; Control strategies; Stability.
- Chin MJ, KImbir AR. A Mathematical Model for COVID-19. IOSR Journal of the Mathematics 2020;14(1):6-15.
- Ayoade AA, Ibrahim MO, Peter OJ, Oguntolu FA. A Mathematical Model on COVID-19 Dynamics with prevention and control. Covenant Journal of Physical and Life Sciences 2020;6(1):23-45.
- Andam A, Emmanuel A-O, Larwrence A, Wallace D-OW. Modeling COVID-19 Dynamics with a control strategy in Ghana. British Journal of Research 2021;2(1):30-41.
- Faruque SM, Albert MJ,Mekalonos JJ. Epidemiology. Genetics and Ecology of COVID-19. Mol. Biol. Rev. 1998;62(4):1301-14.
- World Health Organization and the united Nations Children’s fund WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme for water supply. Sanitation and Hygiene (JMP) 2021.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Web page: www.cdc.gov. 2014.
- World Health Organization (W.H.O).Web page: www.who.org. 2014.
- Lipp KE, Huq A, Colell RR. Effects of Global climate on infectious Disease: The COVID-19 Model. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. 2021;15:757-701.
- Fatima, S, Krishnarajah, I, Jaffar MZAM, Adam, BM. A Mathematical Model for the control of cholera in Nigera. Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences 2014;6(6):321-5.
- Peter OJ, Ibrahim MO, Akinduko OB, Rabiu M. Mathematical Modeling for the control of Typhoid Fever. IOSR Journal of Mathematics 2020;13:60-6.
- Derrick NR, Grooseman SL. Differential Equation with application.Addison Wesley Publishing Company.lnc. Philippines 1976.
- Neilan RLM, Schaefer E, Gaff KH. Modeling Optimal Intervention Strategies for COVID-19. Bull. Math. Biol. 2018;72(3):90-111.
- World Health Organization, Yemen crisis, fighting the world’s largest cholera outbreak: COVID-19 vaccination campaign begins in yemen, 6th June 2020.
- Mwasa A, Tchuenche JM. Mathematical analysis of a COVID-19 model with public health intervention. Bio. Systems 2021;105:190-200.
- COVID-19 vaccine://en:Wikipedia.org/wiki/ COVID-19 _vaccine.
- Tolulope OJ, Akinyemi ST, Bamidele O. Stability Analysis of COVID-19 with Quarantine and Permanent Immunity. International Journal of Applied Science and Mathematical Theory 2020;1(8):1-10.
- Sambo D, Chinwendu EM. Mathematical Model of the Transmission Dynamics of COVID-19 Infection. Mathematical Modelling and Applications 2020;5(2):65-86.
- Ana P. Lemos- Paioa Cristiana J. Silva, Delfim F. M. Torres. A COVID-19 Mathematical Model with Vaccination and the biggest Outbreak of world’s history. AIMS Mathematics 2021;3(4):448-63.