International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology
April 2019, Vol. 2, Issue 4, p. 32-35.
Defensible Electronic Voting Machine using Face Recognition
M. Balaji, M. Rajakarthikeyan, S. Ashad, A. Muniyasami, A. Sriram, N. Dineshkumar
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam-612 501. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
Voting is one of the fundamental rights of every citizen of a democratic country. By utilizing the right of the voting, people elect their most suitable leader who will lead them. In this modern era where technology is being used in every aspect of life, the election is a place to apply the best technology. Some of them misused it so that we can make the voting machine with Face recognition. In this proposed system we have used Face recognition that can identify each voter, count votes and can prevent fake votes. The proposed system is a more digital, technology-based and secured system. Once the corresponding fingerprint and Iris is matched with the information provided, the voter will be allowed to proceed for choosing their preferred candidate from the panel of buttons. The final vote is then displayed onto an LCD for the satisfaction of voters. The proposed project displays transparency and also carries the feature of being autonomous during the course of operation.
Keywords: Electronic Voting Machine; Face recognition; Raspberry Pi; LCD display; RFID Reader.
- Nagyen TD, Park J, Lee G. Using 2D tensor voting in text detection. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, speech and signal processing. 2010;888-21.
- Chiao-Wen Kano, Che-Wei YC, Kuo-Chin F, Bor-Jiunn H, Chin-Pan H. Eye gaze tracking based on pattern voting scheme for mobile device. Proceedings of the First International Conference on Instrumentation Measurement Computer Communication and Control. Beijing, China 2011;337-40.
- Md. Asfaqul A, Md. Maminul I, Md. Nazmul H, Md. Sharif Uddin A. Raspberry Pi and image processing based electronic voting machine. International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology 2016;4:568-74.
- Dhinesh Kumar M, Aranganadhan NS, Santhosh A, Praveen Kumar D. Embedded system based voting machine system using wireless technology. International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical Instrument and Control Engineering 2016;4:127-30.
- Louise A. Biometric Borders: Governing motilities in the war on terror. Political Geography 2006;25:336-51.
- Kiruthika Priya V, Vimaladevi V; B. Pandimeenal B, Dhivya T. Arduino based smart electronic voting machine. Proceedings of the International Conference on Trends in Electronics and Informatics. Tirunelveli, India. 2017.
- Bhuvanapriya R, Rozil Banu S, Sivapriya P, Kalaiselvi VKG. Smart voting. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computing and Communications Technologies Chennai, India. 2017.
- Poonsri A, Chiracharist W. Improvement of fall detection using consecutive-frame voting. International Workshop on Advanced Image Technology. Chiang Mai, Thailand. 2018.
- Ruihan B, Kota I. Fast 2D-to-3D matching with camera pose voting for 3D object identification. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. Phoenix, AZ, USA 2016.
- Gurubasavanna MG, Saleem US, Mamatha R, Sathisha N. Multimode authentication based electronic voting kiosk using raspberry Pi. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on IoT in Social Mobile Analytics and Cloud. 2018.