March 2019, Vol. 2, Issue 3, p. 10-13.
Smart Cultivation using IOT
V. Vignesh, S. Muthukaruppaiah, V. Kalaiyarasan, R. Prasath, D. R. Saranya
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering,Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam – 612501. India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
IOT is a revolutionary technology that represents the future of computing and communications. Most of the people around the world depend on agriculture. Because of this reason smart IT technologies are needed to migrate with traditional agricultural methods. Using modern technologies, we can control the cost, maintenance and monitoring the performances of the crops. Satellite and aerial imagery play a vital role in modern cultivation. Precision agricultural sensor monitoring network that is used to measure the information effectively, like temperature, humidity, soil PH, soil nutrition levels, water level etc. So, with the help of IOT, farmers can monitor the crops remotely via phones and computers. In this paper, we have surveyed some typical applications of agricultural IOT sensor monitoring network technologies using Cloud computing as a backbone. This survey is used to understand the different technologies and used to build sustainable smart agriculture. Simple IOT agriculture model is addressed with a wireless network.
Keywords: Fuzzy soft topological space; 𝛾-𝜏-separate set; 𝛾-𝜏-disconnected set; 𝛾-𝜏-connected set Internet of farm Things; Cloud computing; Humidity and temperature sensor; Soil moister sensor.
- Verdouw C, Wolfert S, Tekinerdogan B. Internet of Things in agriculture. CAB Reviews 2016;11:1-12.
- Reshma S, Sarath Manohar Babu BA. Internet of Things (IOT) based Automatic Irrigation System using Wireless Sensor Network (WSN). International Journal and Magazine of Engineering, Technology, Management and Research 2016;3:562-6.
- Rajalakshmi.P, S.Devi Mahalakshmi , ʊIOT Based Crop-Field Monitoring and Irrigation Automation system . ۅ ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel7/7589934/7726872/07726900.
- Jaishetty SA, Patil R. IoT sensor network based approach for agricultural field monitoring and Control. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology 2016;5:45-8.
- Matson Pamela A, Vitousek PM. Agricultural intensification: will land spared from farming be land spared for nature?. Conservation Biology 2006;20:709-10.
- Flechard CR, Ambus P, Skiba U, Rees RM, Hensen A et al. Effects of climate and management intensity on nitrous oxide emissions in grassland systems across Europe. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 2007;121:135-52.
- O’Flynn B, Donno MD, Barrett C, Robinson C, Riordan AO. Smart Microneedle Sensing Systems for Security in Agriculture, Food and the Environment (SAFE). IEEE SENSORS 2017.
- Rajalakshmi P, Devi Mahalakshmi S. IOT Based Crop-Field Monitoring and Irrigation Automation system. 10th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO). 2016.
- Parameswaran G, Sivaprasath K. Arduino Based Smart Drip Irrigation System Using Internet of Things. International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing 2016;6:5518-21.
- Hemalatha R, Deepika G, Dhanalakshmi D, Dharanipriya K, Divya M. Internet Of Things (Iot) Based Smart Irrigation. International Journal of Advanced Research in Biology Engineering Science and Technology 2016;2:128-32.
- Mekala MS, Viswanathan P. A Survey: Smart Agriculture IoT with Cloud Computing. International conference on Microelectronic Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICMDCS). 2017:DOI: 10.1109/ICMDCS.2017.8211551
International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology