International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology
October 2018, Vol. 1, Issue 5, p. 99-102.
On Characterization of Very Rotund Banach Spaces
A. O. Wanjara, N. B. Okelo*, O. Ongati
Department of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 210-40601, Bondo-Kenya.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
It is known that the Hilbert space H is the most rotund space among all Banach spaces. The question whether if a normed space X is a rotund Banach space implies we can obtain other most rotund spaces is still open and represents one of the most interesting and studied problems. In this paper we investigate if there exists other most rotund Banach spaces. It is shown that Frechet spaces are very rotund and also uniformly rotund.
Keywords: Rotundity; Hilbert space; Modulus; Convexity; Frechet space.
- Bermudez T, Gonzalez M, Pello J. Several open problems in operator theory. Extracta Math 2013;28(2):149-56.
- Clarkson JA. Uniformly convex spaces. Trans Amer Math Soc 1936;40:396-14.
- Day MM. Some more uniformly convex spaces. Bull Amer Math Soc 1941;47:504-7.
- Montesinos V, Torregrosa JR. Rotund and uniformly rotund Banach spaces. Collect Math 1991;42(2):137-46.
- Day MM. Strict convexity and smoothness of normed spaces. Trans Amer Math Soc 1955;78:516-28.
- Zhang Z, Zhang C. On Very rotund Banach space. Appl Math Mech 2000;21(8):23-37.
- Andreas K. Frechet Spaces. Skripten 2016; 8 (2): 78-86.
- Walls G. Trivial intersection groups. Arch Math 1979;32:1-4.
- Williams JS. Prime graph components of finite groups. J Algebra 1981;69:487-513.
- Vijayabalaji S, Sathiyaseelan N. Interval-valued product fuzzy soft matrices and its application in decision making. Int J Mod Sci Technol 2016; 1(7): 159-63.
- Chinnadurai V, Bharathivelan K. Cubic ideals in near subtraction semigroups. Int J Mod Sci Technol 2016;1(6):276-82.