International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology
September 2018, Vol. 1, Issue 4, p. 83-87.
Query Execution and Optimization in Distributed Database Environment
Department of Computing and Information Technology, University of Gujrat Lahore Sub Campus, Lahore, Pakistan.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
Query optimization refers to the execution of a query in earliest possible time by consuming a reasonable disk space. A query execution plan is generated before execution and the optimal operator tree is got in the search space. Research with different examples is conducted in the present work by providing up to date information and example work.
Keywords: Query optimization; Query processing; Query execution; Distributed Database.
- Ozsu MT. Valduriez, P. Principles of Distributed Database Systems. Prentice-Hall, Inc., NJ, USA: 1999.
- Hasan W. Optimization of SQL Queries for Parallel Machines.LNCS 1182, Springer-Verlag, 1996.
- Zloof MM. Query-by-Example: A Data Base Language. IBM Systems Journal 1977;14:324-43.
- Bhuyar PR. Horizontal Fragmentation technique in Distributed database. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 2012;2(5):1-7.
- Abadi D, Carney D, Cetintemel U, Cherniack M, Convey C, Lee S, Stonebraker M, Tatbul N, Zdonik S. Aurora: A new model and architecture for data stream management. The International Journal on Very Large Data Bases 2003;12:120-39.
- Chaudhuri S, Shim K. Optimization of Queries with Userdefined Predicates. In Proc. of VLDB. Mumbai. 1996.
- Cheng CH, Lee WK, Wong KF. A genetic algorithm-based clustering approach for database partitioning. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics 2002;32:215-30.
- Abuelyaman ES. An optimized scheme for vertical partitioning of a distributed database. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security 2008;8:310-16.
- Țâmbulea L, Horvat-Petrescu M. Redistributing Fragments into a Distributed Database. International Journal of Computers Communications and Control 2008;3(4):384-94.
- Ganski RA, Long HKT. Optimization of Nested SQL Queries Revisited. In Proc. of ACM SIGMOD. San Francisco, USA: 1987.