International Journal of Modern Computation, Information and Communication Technology
August 2018, Vol. 1, Issue 3, p. 69-82.
Quality Assessment of High Energy Biscuits (HEB) Products in Bangladesh in the framework of Process Capability Analysis
Md. Anwar Hossain*
Planning and Development Division, Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Dr. Qudrat-I-Khuda Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1205. Bangladesh.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fortified High Energy Biscuits analysed data collected from Institute of Food Science and Technology (IFST), BCSIR, Dhaka by Single Stage Cluster Sampling method over the year from 2007 to 2012. The process capability analysis as a means of decision making in manufacturing company was aimed, to investigate whether the production process is in control, to investigate whether the specification limit of the company is properly centred, to examine the process capability of the company and to state if the process is capable or not. Also the analysis of process capability was used. It was discovered that the specification limit of the company is not properly centred i.e. off centred. It is recommended that in order to achieve continuous improvement of the process, the company should always attempt to redefined the voice of the process to watch and them to surpass the expectation of the customers. Also, the institutional specification limit should be redefined to be properly centred and to meet customer requirement.
Keywords: Process capability analysis; Specification limit; Voice of the process; Properly centred; Single Stage Cluster Sampling.
- Contingency plan for cyclones in the south Bangladesh. Annex 15. FSC Standardised Food Packages & Nutritional Specification on Food Basket, 2014.
- Fleet A. High Energy Biscuits: Product specifications sheet, 2nd ed., UNICEF, 2017.
- Bangladesh Milling assessment additional info. https://studylib.net/doc/9024459/bangladesh-milling-assessment-additional-info
- Nguyen VH. Technical Specifications: High Energy Biscuits. 2013.
- Codex Standard for wheat flour’, Codex Stan, pp. 152–1985; 1995.
- Stan 212-1999; Amd. 1-2001, Codex Stand. Sugars.
- S. CODEX, 210, 1999. Codex standard for named vegetable oils. Current official standards (Amended 2003, 2005). FAO/WHO Food standards.
- FAO/WHO food standards. Codex Stand. Milk powders cream powders. Codex Standard, pp. 1993; 207-1999.
- Reybroeck W, Ooghe S, Saul SJ, Salter RS. Validation of a lateral flow test (MRLAFMQ) for the detection of aflatoxin M1 at 50 ng l-1 in raw commingled milk. Food Addit Contam Part A 2014;31:2080-89.
- ISO 14674:2005(en), Milk and milk powder-Determination of aflatoxin M1 content-Clean-up by immunoaffinity chromatography and determination by thin-layer chromatography.
- World Food Programme, Bangladesh Annual Report, 2010.
- Montgomery DC. Statistical Quality Control-A Modern Introduction. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York. 2009.
- English JR, Taylor GD. Process capability analysis—a robustness study. Int J Prod Res 1993;31:1621-35.
- Şenvar O, Tozan H. Process capability and six sigma methodology including fuzzy and lean approaches. 2010;153-179.
- Kotz S, Lovelace CR. Process Capability Indices in Theory and Practice, London: Arnold. 1998.
- Pearn WL, Kotz S, Johnson NL. Distributional and inferential properties of process capability indexes. J Qual Technol 1992;24:216-31.
- AIAG, Measurement systems analysis, 3rd ed. Southfield, MI, USA: Automotive Industry Action Group, 2002.
- Nawaz M, Lect 6 - Process Capability and Design. https://www.scribd.com/presentation/275876834/Lecture-6-Process-Capacity-Design.
- Kotz S, Johnson NL. Process capability indices: A review, 1992-2000. J Qual Technol 2002;34:2-19.
- Spiring F, Cheng S, Yeung A, Leung B, Discussion. J Qual Technol 2002;34:23-7.
- Bothe DR. PCI Discussion. J Qual Technol 2002;34:32-37.
- Bower BKM, Bower KM. Process Capability Analysis Using MINITAB ( I ’, no. I, 2000.
- Approval for adhoc data use. Institute of Food Science and Technology (IFST), BCSIR, Dhaka. Bangladesh. 2010.
- Nguyen VH. Technical Specifications for the manufacture of Super cereal plus-Wheat Soya Blend. 2014.
- Bangphan S, Bangphan P, Boonkang T. Process Capability Analysis by Using Statistical Process Control of Rice Polished Cylinder Turning Practice. Int J Mech Aerospace Ind Mechatron Manuf Eng 2008;8:2008-14.
- Prabhuswamy MS, Nagesh P. Process capability analysis made simple through graphical approach. Kathmandu Univ J Sci Eng Technol 2007;1:1-10.
- Czarski A. Estimation of process capability indices in case of distribution unlike the normal one. Arch Mater Sci Eng 2008;34:39-42.